Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Goal - Roll Like A Bentley

Yes this is my last dog and his name is Bentley, like the Rolls Royce. So every night at my house is a "Three Dog Night". If my plan is correct some time next week or the next my body will stop fighting me and I will get the results I'm looking for. So in dog terms I went from "Tuffy" whipping my butt, to feeling like a "Pansy" in an effort to roll like a "Bentley". Though it will still require sustained effort, I will have turned the corner and my progress can start to appear.

Today I got to the track and the shed area was roped off as they are doing some type of press box construction this morning so I couldn't get in to get my sled or heavy pole. Improvising I did 10 X 100m + 10 X 50m. I guess I'm getting better as I never felt my hamstring ding and I can now run fast enough to be out of breath. Hate that but love it because it means now I am healthy enough to get into some sort of shape.

Being fit or in shape is relative to what you are trying to do. I need speed and speed endurance so I can take lots of longer runs on bigger poles. That requires a different base than I had. I feel I was half way between where I was and where I need to be so I'm hoping to bridge that gap with these efforts.

Of course it's nearly 90 degrees now so that takes about a month before that too puts you at another level of fitness. Right now I feel good with the plan. Hopefully it will suck less soon. It usually does. I'm guessing next week or the next at the worst.

Don jumped again this morning. He's been jumping twice a week plus other training. He too is beat up so it's hard for him to progress because he rarely feels good when he jumps. He also will get the reward later when he is rested and can benefit from being stronger and faster.

Gotta run but thanks for being here. Have a great Saturday! Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment