Monday, March 21, 2011

NSG - 12 Weeks From Today!!

Seems so weird to be grinding away in a hot garage in March while thinking about the details of a competition 12 weeks from today, Monday, on June 20 - the National Senior Games/Olympics will be here in Houston. BUT - that's the way I like to do it. Right now 12 weeks seems like an eternity but I know it will go by very fast and I will feel like I didn't get everything out of it that I could.

I MUST get into a better level of conditioning. I know that sounds strange because I'm fairly fit but it takes a different type of body to jump high on big poles with long runs and high grips and I just don't have it yet. I hope 12 weeks is enough because I have no other choice. And after that? It's on three weeks and two days until Worlds in Sacramento.

Now for something completely different. Joel Pocklington is a pole vaulter in Australia. His coach is the great Mark Stewart who also coached Steve Hooker, the world's current World and Olympic champion and the owner of the second highest vault in history. Here is Joel's idea of fun and cross training. Enjoy! Bubba
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y-lOys6qFQ

BTW - here are the outtakes of when things didn't quite go as planned.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOHoZTeg-FM

No comments:

Post a Comment