Saturday, April 21, 2012

For Your Love?

I know that we all pole vault for the love of sport.  After all, no one pays us for the physical, mental, emotional and financial sacrifices. Like surfing, we would do it whether anyone even came out to see us.  In fact, almost all of my training is alone and I like the solitude of getting myself to do something for a greater benefit that I usually don't feel like doing.

Like any "addiction", it's tough to take a break.  So here I am waiting for Superman.  I call it that because when you go through a training grind and back off to feel good, you are physically capable of performing at a much higher level than you could ever attain in practice.  Add to that the emotion that my next meet is at my Alma Mater where I was a five time All American and three time National Champion, at 58 jumping with the college kids, then you can imagine the wait is that much stressful.

Good hard gym lift and bars today.  Tomorrow is 10 X bleacher ramps and a hard garage lift and stretch.  Then off to Denver for Monday and Tuesday, returning Wednesday in time for my Beverly Hills meeting, then of to get my 5 X bleacher ramps and stretch.  Thursday I'm on a plane to Austin.  Friday I'll drive to my coach, Kris Allison's in New Braunfels to pick up my poles. 

The work is almost done for this round, but the waiting is just beginning.  Fortunately I have enough work to distract me.  Thanks for your support and have a great evening!  Bubba

Yardbirds - "For Your Love" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn6cxaKRwtk&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment