Thursday, April 19, 2012

Oops!!!!!!!!!!! Jumping With the College Kids?

Salute for my return to Texas, or what I felt when I found out
 I'm jumping with the college kids?!
Careful what you wish for.  I found out today that the alumni vault at Texas State University next weekend will have us jumping with the college guys.  Fortunately because of decathletes they will start around 12'.  Still I will be up immediately and be done shortly thereafter.  That said it will be pretty cool to jump in a college meet again.  I remember when I was younger and we did that at UC Irvine and Long Beach State.  The goal for us was not to get last and for the college kids not to get beaten by a fossil.  Of course in pole vaulting no one beats anyone and we all cheer for each other.  At least I hope so.  Stepping onto the field at 58 years old will be quite intimidating for me but I'm sure I will ignore it and do my best anyway.

Speaking of back to work, bleacher ramps felt very good today.  I'll see if I still feel that good by Sunday.  HARD four days of training coming up starting today.  Excited to engage again.  Have a great day and thanks for being here.  Bubba

Men At Work - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeG-hNXXy6I&feature=related  One of their guys died today.  I'm getting old!

No comments:

Post a Comment