Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Should Be Interesting!!

I've been hearing form a few friends who are vaulting at the Texas State Invitational this weekend, which will include alumni vaulting with the college / open guys.  Of the people I have heard from they are all between 17' and 18'.  What have I gotten myself into?  I just figured they would have a masters/alumni division, or even let us jump with the girls, but NO: we jump with guys who can vault really well.  Somehow I'll find a way not to embarrass my 58 year old ass.  I can only hope for a few decathletes in the mix.  Just kidding of course.  I'm sure I'm not the only older guy but I'm probably the oldest.  That said my body feels pretty good.  I leave tomorrow and will update you along the way.  Thanks for being here.  Bubba

PS - woke up at 4:30 AM this morning to head to the Denver airport to come home. Tomorrow morning I leave at 4:30 AM to go to Austin.

Metallica - "Sad But True" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8MO7fkZc5o

No comments:

Post a Comment