Saturday, April 7, 2012

Rearranged

Uncertain Path

I spent most of the day at the Arcadia Invitational, one of the most elite of the high school meets in the US.  I saw my buddy Kirk Bentz, who was officiating, Bob Olson, and Murray Mead within about three minutes.  Four of the top 6-8 M55-59 vaulters in the world on the field together helping or officiating for the high schoolers.  Cool!  Kirk gave me an official pass so I could go anywhere as long as I didn't cause trouble.  Love these guys!  I'm especially close to Kirk, who was cool enough to come hang with me at LAX on my way to Sydney for the World Masters Games. I won there and then he won World Indoors four months later.  Definitely one of my best vaulting friends.

Standing for several hours destroyed my legs and back, not to mention the one hour plus drive and the hike from the parking lot.  Because of this I bailed on today's training and will rearrange what I do tomorrow.  I was going to go to the gym today, and then lift in the garage tomorrow and run.  Today? NO WAY!!  Since the kids are on spring break next week, I'll skip running tomorrow, do a double lift instead, and run on Monday.

The meet next Sunday is not a big deal but I need it as a dress rehearsal for what I want to do as far as pole progressions in Texas.  Therefore I want to come in well rested and at the appropriate body weight.  I'm more than certain I am going to go to Denver the Monday after that meet so I will need to plan my training for there too in addition to my business needs.

Long story short, I seem to be constantly making little tweaks here and there to what I'm doing on a daily basis.  Not shocking by any stretch, but what is a surprise it that I'm very comfortable and not stressed by these sometimes major shits in the daily plan.  I guess that at this point I feel that I'm in striking distance enough that I'll be fine as long as I get my components in and stretch.  Have a great evening and thank you so much for your support!  Bubba

"Rearranged", by Limp Bizkit - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QWOc0HnItM

No comments:

Post a Comment