Thursday, October 14, 2010

I'm Not Worthy

Good day running and at the gym. My first sled pull felt like I had been hit by a truck, buy by my last tempo sprint I was feeling pretty good. Felt very strong in the gym. I really feel I'm getting back in the swing of full training again.

Don called me from Butler Stadium, the site of the Texas Senior Games just to see what the conditions are. Though still 10 days away, we like to know what we're looking at. Don is about to retire from the Houston Police Department after 30+ years of service so he can get on to the property and get the info we need even though the facility is "closed". The groundskeeper said that someone will be out between 7:30 and 8 AM on that day and that they would set up the pit for whatever direction a tailwind is predicted on the Friday before. Surprised and pleased he knew that. If it needs to be changed the day of they will have people to help.

A note on Butler Stadium, I got my first 10' (3.05m) vault there as well as my 2nd 16' 6" (5.04m) vault several years later.

Not Worthy?
At the gym today I see some of the regulars, mostly 40-70 years old grinding away like they always do. It dawned on me today that I've tried to do what they do and I failed. I could not make myself workout at that level with any kind of consistency unless I had a goal. Yet here they are, doing it to look and feel better. I really admire them and wish I was that strong.

Have a great day and thanks for the support! Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment