Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Strong Day

I missed one lifting rotation last week because of the meet Sunday and the result was that I felt considerably stronger than usual. I once read that at age 60 if you do not train for three months that you lose 40% of your strength. I can believe that because it is so hard to get going again, even if you just miss a week. Still, nice to get a one rotation break every now and then.

Thursday I'll try to jump only on the 4.45m (14' 7") poles only. If it works it does. I figure even if I have to go 12, 14 or even 16 steps with a lower grip I can get the feel of them. I blew through the first two at a meet a few weeks ago so I'm nervously excited. I just don't want to have to run fast enough to hurt myself at first so that means I need to run further. Should be fun. Have a great day!! Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment