Sunday, October 10, 2010

Long Strange Day

So I haven't jumped in a meet since late March at indoor nationals in Boston and sometimes it felt like it, and other times not. I put up a couple of videos here but the long story is that I boomed 12' (3.66m) from 54' on my first carbon pole. It was warm and we had a nice tailwind. Made 12' 6" (3.81m) on my first and then moved to my new 14' 7" poles from 65' for 13' (3.96m). The result? BOTH were way too small and they were the biggest poles I brought. Fortunately I have six more. All Essx of course.

I was disappointed not to jump higher because I easily could have made 13' on my start pole. I figured it was a nice day so why not move back a stride and hit the 14' 7" poles. Nobody home as they moved too fast for me to really complete a decent jump. The timing is a little different but not going to be a real factor. So I'm happy that I jumped well with what I had, and that I got on the two biggest poles I have used since 1999. Still, plenty of work to do. Have a great day. Bubba

12' or 3.66m - YouTube link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYiCRgAnZAA

12' 6" or 3.81m - YouTube link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdIiGBz-bfw

2 comments: