Saturday, September 24, 2011

More Surprises!

My goal today was to jump 10' (3.05m), 10' 6" (3.20m) and 11' (3.35m) from 4 steps, rather than the six steps I used at the last practice.  The goal was also to do it on the same pole from 4 as I used for 6.  The MAIN goal was not to get hurt before I go on vacation Monday and I did not.  The vaulting part again took only three vaults as I made each height on my first attempt and stopped.  Why?

I mentioned that my last practice my hamstring felt a little unstable and not quite 100%. During the week on and off I have felt little twinges in it making me think maybe I dinged it a little last week on my last jump.  Apparently not as today was no problem.  That said, I would have loved to have taken several more jumps but I had accomplished my goal with good technical vaults and was not hurt.  STOP!!!  And I did - quit while I was ahead.

My "rehab" is always predictible but it is also very dependable.  As I ramp back up through poles I'm always technically cleaner and more confident.  Or as Aerosmith would say, Same Old Song and Dance - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJdWPSwSOLw  To me that is music to my ears. 

I was heavy again today (174/ 73kg) yet got great positions on the pole and had a little more control than when I am lighter.  I haven't quite figured that out yet.  If you're heavy a pole should feel small, not give you more.  Yet the technical control actually gave me more height.  Whatever - I'll take it.  Have a great day!!  Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment