Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Vacation / Break Time

Today is my travel day and then I'm off to Colorado for a short vacation through Sunday.  I'm feeling very good but had a couple of little things kind of flaring up that are now settling down.  Every year when I try new stuff I find new ways to irritate my body and along with that comes little annoyances.  I occasionally get a light case of tennis elbow, and also sometimes get a little inside elbow tendon soreness, outside of my right foot from a previous hairline fracture, etc..  These little training breaks knock all of those things out and then when I come back I avoid what flared them, or at least change the angles or order of lifts to avoid them.

Part of this is because I take no breaks from training.  I'm fine with that because I would rather have a series of 2-4 day breaks here and there at the peak of a training phase rather than a month off and then spend 2-3 months trying to get back to where I was before I took the break.  The "secret" to my motivation is that every time I come back from a "little 2-4 day break", I'm much stronger and my endurance is better. 

I had an anatomy and physiology professor tell me once that 100% of your progress is made during rest.  Gary Hunter's professor told him that whatever it is you want to do it will be easier if you are stronger.  I try to keep both of those things in mind.  Have a great day and thanks for being here!  Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment