Monday, September 12, 2011

Too Easy?

People fail to stick with programs of any type in part because it is hard to restart once you miss time; and you WILL miss time.  I remember if I missed a class in college it was hard to go back the next time, and if you missed two in a row you felt like you were being sent to prison.  The guilt and failure of missing, even if it was for a meet.

So today's training after six days off was very much a force against nature because I was afraid of how hard it was going to be.  In fact it turned out to be just the opposite as lifting/bars felt extremely easy and I felt very strong.  I need to remember that after a phase break.  It would save me the mental torture.

I said earlier that September will be hard because I have four short trips to screw with my schedule.  I'm half done with two down but at least now I get seven straight days of hardcore training.  Tomorrow I will even try and vault at a very low level; 13 days after my little ding.  We will see how it goes.  Have a great day and thanks for your support.  Here is "Nothing Is Easy" by Jethro Tull.  Bubba
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoSOuYNNXjU

No comments:

Post a Comment