Thursday, February 16, 2012

Accidental Recharge?!

I was talking to my business partner, Sam Fontenot, who had flown in from Houston to catch up on our Beverly Hills deal and he asked me a question that caught me off guard; "How is your training going?"  Obviously I think about this all of the time but I'm not used to giving a simple and short answer that only relates to results, rather than an explanation of my rationale and plan.  Sam has been a physical therapist for 41 years, and my partner for nine, so we have had many such conversations but this one seemed to me to require a simple answer.  My answer surprised me.

I said that I had been so busy with work that my training has been a combination of maintenance mode with short bursts forward and then back to maintenance.  The result is that some lingering annoyances that I have had to work around have actually had time to heal. Knock on wood but I have not been hurt in awhile so I think this type of training has actually preconditioned me for the hard training that will follow when I return from Denver next Wednesday. 

So I'm getting results in an unexpected and unplanned way.  Of course I absolutely HATE this because I like to train long and consistent but this little phase has turned out to be a great benefit to me.  So there!!  Now don't let it happen again!!  Thank you for your support!  Bubba

Under the Bridge - Red Hot Chili Peppers - BTW - the women singing harmony near the end are the women of guitarist John Frusciante's mom's bridge club. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLvohMXgcBo&ob=av2n

No comments:

Post a Comment