Saturday, February 18, 2012

Deflated!!

I got a rude awakening during the night when I found the inside of both legs quite sore from my sprint drills and leg swings.  I was limping around the house in the middle of the night.  I have no idea why because I do these every workout.  If I weren't going to Denver Monday for three days I would have never put the poles on the car.  I would have just stayed home.  Not being completely stupid I abandoned yesterday's plan and only took my small poles.

I felt flat as I have ever felt at a meet and very sore in the groin area.  BAFFLED!!  If I had gotten to do my running Tuesday or had stretched at least two days I know I would have felt OK.  It's unacceptable for this to happen and I have to get better control of my schedule and I will.  I'm PISSED OFF!!

OK, so I took a ton of jumps in warm up just in case I didn't get to jump later.  I felt like CRAP and the flare on the outside of my knee that started coming up in Reno, and jumped on me more at San Diego, was on me a little during the warm up.  As I got moving for the meet it had my attention.  By the end it was killing me so I will have to get it shot with cortisone Wednesday. The last shot lasted eight months so that's not so bad.  BTW - I took two low jumps, both makes, in the meet and stopped.

Fortunately after this trip I am home for awhile and my upgraded training will be my only priority.  Travel and out of town work visitors will be over and I can get control of my life again.  Today I'm deflated and disappointed but more committed than ever that I am no exception to the rules.  I need to find a way to get the work done or have no one but myself to blame.  I'm not hurt so tomorrow will be a great day to destroy my body with a double long training session.  Thanks for being here.  Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment