Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Zigged When I Should Have Zagged?

This is my life today; mixed signals!!

I went out to the high school today to watch the vault practice and meet Julie, the vault coach.  Julie is the wife of the head coach, Craig Dunn, but more importantly, a 12' high school vaulter at a time when there were very few of those.  I liked her and her style right away.  A former vaulter also helps out but he was not out today.  My job is to fit in and help them where asked, but don't mess with what is already working.  I'm very comfortable in that position.  I'll earn my keep when I take the kids three days a week from the end of summer to Christmas.

SO, I remembered a valuable lesson today; DO YOUR WORKOUT FIRST!!  All I had was four easy bleacher ramp runs and by the time I was going to do them I had to leave, my legs were dead from standing, and MANY other kids were over doing the same thing. I'm out all day tomorrow but will jostle myself around enough on Thursday so I will feel good for Saturday, but  would have liked to have done that little workout today.  Thanks for being here!!  Bubba

Chickenfoot - Turning Left - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL1nTRdC_wI&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment