Monday, February 27, 2012

Building Power!!

Today was one of those days where I had a longer/harder workout due and really wasn't that up for it.  I knew I would do it if I took my time, but I was racing the weather as my weights are in the front of my garage.  I also knew I couldn't wuss out on the weights lifted by going light. All went well and I ended up really enjoying the process and was pleased with the consistency of effort and focus.

I came in the house afterwards and left my workout clothes on because later I wanted to go do my bleachers.  And heck, if I'm going to do that I might as well do tomorrow's lifting on my way over.  Good idea but it didn't happen as it POURED rain as a big wind and storm blew in.

I will make tomorrow my off day as I'm in LA all day.  I go up to LA again on Wednesday too but I leave later and I'm only there for lunch so that day I will not miss training.

In 12 days I jump at the California Senior Games at Stanford University in Palo Alto, California.  I'm hoping to get my knee shot before I go.  I'll inquire about that tomorrow with a few of my physician partners.  It doesn't bother me to train, run, left, etc., but it WILL flare after a few jumps so I need to get that handled.

Thank you for being here.  Your support mean the world to me. I really appreciate the outlet to think out loud among my friends.  Have a great evening!  Bubba

When my butt was getting kicked in the garage today, Pantera's, "Cowboys From Hell" helped me to kick back.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7EQlfprV9E&ob=av2n

No comments:

Post a Comment