Monday, August 11, 2014

Derailed!! No Ft. Collins!!

Yesterday I took a calculated risk and jumped.  I felt my body was ready for this next step and it was, almost.  I got a cramp in my left inside of my leg muscle after clearing 11'6"/3.51m from 3 lefts/6 steps/33' run.   I did not feel anything during the jump or even after I landed.  But when I got up to walk off the pit, a cramp was suddenly there.  It did not hurt on leg lifts, including leg curls.

A cramp has a way of working itself out over a few days to a week.  I figured I have 14 days to Ft. Collins so I should be fine.  This morning on sleds, I could run better than I thought I could, but was limited by grabs when I tried to go faster.  My guess is that I will be able to run close to 100% without pain by meet time, but I won't be ready to vault at the level I want, so I will skip the meet.

I'm afraid of the Colorado curse.  Six weeks after a hamstring injury in Reno, I jumped at a "low level" in Colorado Springs and dinged it again putting me out for eight more weeks.  I'm not going to turn this cramp into an injury and I'm not going to jump in a meet at a level below where I presently am.  It serves no purpose and will not be worth the effort. 

In fact this has me re-thinking Belton on January 3, since it's only two weeks before Reno.  Things are going way to well to rush through these type of things this early in the game.  Have a great day!  Bubba

Dedicated to my love/hate relationship with my body and it's unpredictable betrayal - Kris Dahl - "Love Me" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2d0LevWxjs  Guitar lesson at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment