I did a little pre-meet this morning and decided it's too soon for vaulting, even at a low level. I may be able to get away with it but it's not worth the risk. I'll just go to sleds every other day for awhile until I'm back up to full speed. I'll jump the San Diego Senior Games on 9.21 with my 4m/13'1" poles, the Nevada Senior Games on 10/5 with 4.15m/13'7". Why?
1) I don't want to risk getting hurt when things are going well. 2) Our world and national rankings close for this year on Sunday (8/31), so even a decent jump would go on next year's list. I think I will finish 2nd or 3rd in the world both indoors (2nd) and outdoors (3rd). With world championships in France next year, I need to continue my march toward that rather than rush things to get bigger jumps now.
I still think it was a calculated risk that I was comfortable with when I got this ding. I was wrong of course but I would have made the same decision. I'm in a great place to move forward and I will look forward to that. Have a great day! Bubba
No Doubt - "Spiderwebs" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZktNItwexo Long before there was a Gwen Stefani "brand" she was the lead singer of a punk/ska band from Garden Grove right here in Orange County, California. Been a fan since way back, and Spiderwebs describes my tangled up training and life at the moment.