Sunday, August 3, 2014

Hard to be Smart!! Deflate!!

I can tell I'm progressing because for the past few days all I've thought about was my pole progression for today's session.  I wanted to get on my 3rd 12'4"/3.75m pole and hoped to maybe even get to the biggest one from 3 lefts/6 steps/33' run.  I think that's what it will take at a minimum to get me back over 12' from that run.  Heck it may even take my 13'1"/4m poles but I was going to start here.

Well ... it's been raining (never rains in the summer in Southern California) and there was a huge headwind. On top of that, even though I felt really good on my 10 X sleds, I was a little concerned my legs wouldn't be responsive enough for higher level jumping after only two days from the last hard leg day.

So I did the last thing in the world I wanted to do, but the ONLY thing I SHOULD do if I'm smart, and that's bail on jumping for the day and hit my sleds, bars and leg lifting hard.  I did, and hated it, but it was the smart thing to do.  Have a great day and thanks for being here!  Bubba

White Zombie - "Thunder Kiss '65" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPNFVj-pISU

No comments:

Post a Comment