Saturday, November 16, 2013

Another Tenuous Step!!

No rain this morning after all, but I did have to unload all of my poles to see what was where, while watching and waiting for the kids finish their practice.  Since I just vaulted the day before yesterday I didn't expect to feel great and I didn't.  Even though I was slow to warm up I felt decent.  That nice feeling of course was countered by the crappy head and head cross wind.  I found myself waiting on a pure crosswind to go.

The good news was that I was able to start and clear a couple of bars on my smallest 13'7/4.15m Essx Carbon Recoil from four lefts or 42'. As I inched my grip up I moved back to five lefts or 52' to keep from having to push my run in the wind.  Though I can't say my technique was dialed in particularly, I was able to control a few jumps with a few styles.  I held hand pressure forever to get in from 42' and I have not been able to do that and still swing.  From 52' I was able to accelerate and swing in one motion with hand pressure.  I was a little all over the place with my run because of the wind and my fatigued body but I'm happy with what I could do to control the pole.  I made 11'/3.35m a few times and did not try higher.  My max grip was 12'/3.66m which shoes how bad the wind was and how I felt. 

I think it's a sign of good things to come.  SO, my take is it was a good survival day. Hope you have a great weekend and thanks for your support,  Bubba
Megadeth - "Trust" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keRMhpjjn_U

No comments:

Post a Comment