Friday, November 1, 2013

Paying Dues - AGAIN!?

As mentioned, last year was the most challenging as my business expansion had me traveling nearly every week from January through early summer.  I kept my training intensity high with the goal that if I could maintain my physical strength, work on my speed and technique, I could still improve.  Really I had no choice and it worked for the most part.  The problem was the missing six months of leg lifting while protecting a ding at my hamstring / glute attachment, on top of strict dieting, which both together dropped me 10 lbs. (4.5kg) and some strength and deep muscle conditioning.  So today was hard but GREAT!!  I'm "engaged" in the process again.

I need to get back up about 6-8 lbs. but it has to be done the right way.  I understand my body and I'm typically in the weight range anyway, but paying my dues in the weight room is not exactly that fun.  Its not that it's so hard it's that I hate feeling like a wimp.  But in reality that's the humility I need.  Thanks so much for your support!  Bubba

Paying again in the words of Metallica - "Sad But True" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8MO7fkZc5o  Thanks for grinding me through the grunt part today boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment