Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Embrace the Grind!!

I'm at the point in my training that the newness is over and I'm settling into the grind.  Or, "another brick in the wall".  Actually today was a heavy lift day as my reps were 6,4,2 instead of 8,6,4.  Still, I enjoy the process. The focus it takes is therapeutic and a great escape.  I always feel better when it's over but I also enjoy the challenge of focused effort on every rep of every component.

My weight has become a bit more of a mystery.  After stating that I'm waking up under 165, which is a bit heavier, and on my way to getting back to the 168-171 optimal range, I woke up today at 166.  Tonight before my bath I was 169 after dinner.  Because I drink a lot of iced tea with my meals,  may wake up at 167 ish tomorrow.  Why?

I did not lift legs for six months and was only in maintenance mode on my other lifting. My NORMAL weight is waking up between 168-171.  They waking up under 160 for nine months was not normal as I have not weighed that little since my freshman year of college.  I think that once I became less restrictive of my diet, and jumped up all of my lifting, that my body has leapt to get back to it's normal place.  Once my strength catches up then I should be ready for some bigger jumps.  Until then the focus must remain on strength, conditioning, bars and flexibility.  Thanks for being here!  Bubba

Pink Floyd - "Another Brick in the Wall" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpxd3pZAVHI

No comments:

Post a Comment