Saturday, November 2, 2013

Avalanche Coming!!

I often tell athletes that an avalanche began as a snowflake.  Consistent effort and momentum allows that to grow into a snowball, and then at some point an unstoppable for of nature.  If you're not trying to bring this type of physical and technical wrath you will never reach your goal as a pole vaulter,  As Scott Henning used to say, "You've gotta be a big bad ass ninja!".  That's what I'm after - BEAST MODE!

There are power vaulters and finesse vaulters.  I am a power vaulter.  This year I found out that power vaulters can't perform in finesse bodies.  SO, 6:30 AM in my garage before the sun comes up, I'm lifting my ass off so I can be to our high school PV kids 8:30 AM practice on time.  Momentum chip gained.

I've mentioned that I don't listen to music when I train for a message, but rather for a beat that won't let me stop.  Today I thank an ultimate rock survivor, Dave Mustaine of Megadeth.  He had 11 rehabs and found God before learning he could truly rock.  Thanks for kicking my butt today when I wanted to quit MANY times!  Bubba

Megadeth - "In My Darkest Hour" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWk-EoRv5mQ

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Listened to Megadeth in the apparatus room this morning while working on the fire engine. How weird is that? :)

    ReplyDelete