Monday, November 11, 2013

Flying Plans!!

On the plane to Denver on business. I come here 2-3 times a month. I get here on Monday and I'm home by 9:30 AM on Wednesday. This has really turned out to be perfect as far as getting in rest days. If I travel every other week like this one, I have a solid 11 straight days of training. If I get stuck going somewhere on consecutive weeks, I get a four day rotation in. On the four day I will vault, run and lift legs on Sunday Thursday so I'm certain to always get two of these days per week. 
 
After the past 11 days the soreness is gone and I'm not quite so beat up. On top of that I got 5 run and lift leg days and vaulted twice. I think now I'm settled in to a position where I can start putting together quality weeks. With 9 weeks until Reno I could very well be in the ballpark for a decent jump by then. 
 
It's important to me to be in the first few to ever jump 13' as a 60 year old, but there is more to it than that. I want the double six decades mark for 13'. What does this mean? On January 2, 2010 I jumped 13'1" in Belton, Texas. That gave me a 13' vault in six decades - 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, and 10s. If I can get it at 60 I will have six age decades - teens, 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s and 60s. As I have always said, if you don't have dreams you have nothing to come true. Enjoy your day and thanks for being here. Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment