Friday, August 19, 2011

Badfish?

I've been consistent on my training for nearly three weeks now so my body is starting to get conditioned and muscles are starting to grow again; hence I've put on a couple of pounds (1kg).  As we age we lose muscle mass really fast and it's hard to get back if you wait too long.  The eight week period of ramp up, ramp down, maintain, etc. of this years championship season really caused me to lose my physical edge.  Fortunately I feel it coming back pretty quickly.

I think I'll jump next Saturday and see how I do at The Woodlands August All Comers.  I'm not going to do anything special for it but I hope to at least get to my new 14' 1" / 4.30m poles.  Actually I think there is a real chance that could possibly happen tomorrow.  I was only one pole away on Tuesday during the short part of my rotation so maybe with the extra day between sessions I can move up to them.  If not it's no big deal - BUT I would very much like to.

I like this song from Sublime, "Badfish" and it came up during my stretching this morning so I thought I would put it out there.  Have a great day and thanks for supporting me!  I can't tell you how much that means when I'm griding away alone. Of course I'm accountable to me but I also want to be to you.  Bubba

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmadSGJCzo8

No comments:

Post a Comment