Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Things Are Looking Up

Today was my easier day where I jump from 4, 6 and 8 steps.  I start on tiny poles and work my way through trying to stay within myself so I can get some good quality technical jumps.  Today out of 12 vaults I turned up and completed 11.  My first day was 50% completion so I'm getting more comfortable.

I got back to my standard training benchmark of clearing 12' (3.66m) from 6 steps (33' / 10m) on my 4m/14.7.  This is the same pole I made 12' on last Tuesday from 8; so being a stride in on the same pole is an improvement.  I also got on my biggest 4m pole, the 13.5 today from 8 for the first time this year.

Next month will be odd because I will be out of town on a few jump days so what I think I'm going to do is stick to the same run configuration but go ahead and start trying to advance through to bigger poles from these same runs.  Timing becomes a little more critical but that's going to happen at some point anyway.

I'm feeling a lot more relaxed and comfortable with my timing.  Still got some stuff to clean up on top but that is even starting to progress.  To that end, today I did not attempt higher than 12', which I cleared four times.  There's such a fine line between changing your vault when the bar goes up and I really didn't want to waste a jump "guessing" at the timing so I left the bar lower.  Normally I'll "man up", move the bar up and just make myself fix it in one jump, but today I wanted to tinker a bit with the technique.  Far from perfection but getting close to acceptable.  Have a great day!  Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment