Wednesday, August 10, 2011

HOT But Good Jump Day

Returned from my business travel and met our junior, Max out to vault at noon.  Miserably hot - 100+!! 
Here is a fun version of the song, "Hot Hot Hot".  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrhf_zgtmAg

Started from four steps (23' / 7m) as planned and made 10' (3.05m), 10' 6" (3.20m) and 11' (3.35m) very easily on first jumps on the 4m/13' 1"/16.3.  I knew it would be too small for 11' 6" (3.51m) so I moved up to the 15.9. Took me a few jumps to get my timing down to roll the pole and still turn up but ended with two great jumps with 6" (15 cm) of height with just a brush on the way down.  VERY pleased at the better control of my technique.  Still have a lot to work on but it feels good to have some command of my jump again.  Max had about the same day so we were both pleased.  Saturday I will try and get a clean make and move on to six steps.

Thank you for your support and have a great evening!  Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment