Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Learning the Ropes

I had a very good technical session this morning as I had much better control of my jumps. My consistency was also much improved.  I didn't feel wonderful so I kind of jogged in and quickened the last two steps to have a nice rhythm. I made 11' (3.35m) from four steps as usual and then 11' 6" (3.51m) from six steps and then 12' (3.66m) from eight steps.  This was my first time at eight steps but I didn't feel good enough to push my run from six.

The title, "Learning the Ropes" comes from the revelation that all of my poles feel different at the lighter weight.  A pole that used to be too small from six steps is now a challenge from eight.  Whether I remain at the lower weight I can't tell you but I'm not actively going to try and gain weight. M60 and M65 WR holder John Altendorf told me of a time that he and his wife Jodi got the flu and both lost weight.  When they got well they decided they liked being lighter so they embarked on healthy eating.  So I'll try and hang here at this weight but we will see where the training load takes it.  As for right now, I have to learn what poles fit where.

Have a great day and thank you for being here!  Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment