Wednesday, August 3, 2011

We Have Begun!

Motivational speaker and teacher, Tony Robbins says that a plane on the way to Hawaii is off course 99% of the time but still gets there because of thousands of minor adjustments along the way.  Today I've already had to make some adjustments.  I jumped 10' (3.05m) from 2 steps but the pole is too small and the next one was too big so I am done with 2 step vaults.  I made 10' 6" (3.20m) from 4 steps and that pole was too small.  Made 11' (3.35m) from 6 steps and that pole was too small.  Long story short, I will start on the pole I used from 6 steps at 4 steps the next time and move on from there.  I have nine 13' 1" (4m) poles and today used #1, so that is a good baseline starting place.

Speaking of 4m, I asked my long time friend, Ken Stone from http://www.masterstrack.com/ for a link to "Single Age Records" to see if I can find some extra motivation while I am in the older part of my group.  Our World and American records are for the entire group of 55-59, but "Single Age Records" are also recognized.  The single age World Record for age 58 is 4m - 13' 1 1/2" and the American Record is 3.99m or 13' 1".  SO that's my goal before the end of the year - the World age 58 record.

Have a great day and thanks for your support!!  Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment