Monday, August 1, 2011

A New Beginning

On the awards stand in Cleveland - L-R is Me (2nd), Gary Hunter (1st) & Doug Osland (3rd).  Click to enlarge.
 
I always kid about me being one of the smallest of the upper level vaulters - Doug Osland is taller than me yet he is standing on a lower podium and of course Gary is bigger too.  Photo courtesy of my buddy Carl Huff.  BTW - most improved masters vaulters in my age group are Carl and David Angel.  Both guys just did a super job this year with their fitness and technique.  VERY impressive!

As one door closes another opens.  Last season ended Saturday and "next season" starts tomorrow with a light stride/skip/stretch.  On Wednesday I will begin my new running and vaulting program at a very low level.  I have a lot of work to do to get the written new program in order but will share it with you as I go.

Got three brand new Essx 14' 1" (4.30m) carbon practice poles coming in tomorrow thanks to Essx founder Bruce Caldwell. One pole is made of a special material never before used in a pole.  I'm the crash test dummy on this one as it may or may not work.  I had the honor of jumping on Bruce's very first FibreSport pole back in the 70's and also the first Essx.  Now I'm jumping on a material never vaulted on.  CAN'T WAIT!!  Bruce says, "hey it may blow up after a few jumps or it may be kryptonite but let's give it a shot."  How fun is this?!  Have a great evening and thanks for being here.  Away we go again.  LOTS of new changes to training so I will explain what and why as I go.  Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment