Monday, August 15, 2011

A Different Type of Beat Up

Because I'm training six days at a week at a pretty low level, I'm not destroyed but I'm not really sharp either.  The objective is to slowly ramp up my overall conditioning with a constant focus on improving my vault technique.  So I'm beat up but not trashed so I feel it's manageable.

I remember the week before outdoor nationals I really just wanted to jump for fun but the first thing that went through my mind was, "I don't feel good enough to jump on the poles I need to jump on".  Today my attitude is that I'm going to jump and I will just match the pole up with how I feel.  If I feel crappy I'll just use smaller poles.  This is not a race but a focused effort to get my technique cleaned up.  I had it so dialed in and now it feels so far away. But to get it back takes LOTS of jumps and I cannot wait to take each one.

Have a great day and thanks for your support!!  Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment