Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Easy Stretch Day!

Another beautiful day from my back deck! Please click to enlarge.

Today was a breeze as predicted.  Tomorrow I'll go out and hit some easy strides and sprint drills and get in a long stretch.  I think Thursday I'm going to head down to Chula Vista and watch a meet at the Olympic Training Center at 1 PM.  It's only about 75 minutes.

Bruce Caldwell is shipping four poles today and three tomorrow.  All poles have a special lighter weight and more flexible carbon in them.  He has also lowered the sailpiece 2" (5cm) so I can roll the bigger ones just a little easier.  I saw a couple of shots of them and he has put some stars and stripes automotive finish wrapping on them.  Very cool.  Now I just need to jump well on them.

I was just thinking yesterday that the top three places at the World Masters Games in Tornio, Italy will obliterate the current meet record for age 60 which is either 11' (3.35m) or 11' 6" (3.50m).  Since the top three guys start at or above that it will be interesting.

That's it for this evening.  Just resting my body and clearing my mind.  have a great evening!  Bubba

The Beach Boys - "Wouldn't It Be Nice" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L--cqAI3IUI

No comments:

Post a Comment