Thursday, May 24, 2012

Weird!!

OK I had my normal apathy getting going again today.  Partly because I was brain dead from my Denver trip and partly because when you've had two days off it's hard to make yourself go back to the grind.  BTW - when I go to Denver I get up at 3:15 AM Monday to get ready to get to the airport for the flight.  Tuesday starts a bit later so that's cool, but Wednesday I'm up at 4:15 AM (3:15 AM California time) to come home.  So my body is resting from the workout but my brain is busy and my sleep is limited.  No big deal; it just adds to making it hard to get going.

I go to do my stadium ramps today and I notice my left ankle has some pain when I go to stop.  Actually I had noticed it is sore for the past few days but not during my training before I left for the trip.  So here we go with weird pole vault dings. 

First the good news is that I felt quick and fast so good results from the training and rest.  The left ankle is from trying to slow down to quickly so it's getting a little jammed.  Obviously I can fix that.  What's funny is that you may remember when I was having a jammed right hip from trying to slow down too fast from the sled on my right foot.  No big deal; I just find it funny that I now have had two dings while trying to slow down either at the top of a hill or at the end of a sled run.  I must be fragile because I ain't THAT fast.  Funny!

So I was playing guitar today after hearing Megadeth's, "Symphony of Destruction" and it occurred to me that this is the perfect title for my workout plan.  All of the ins and and outs and rationale of cycling does just that; creates a symphony of destruction.  My job is to be a better conductor  Have a great day and thanks for being here!  Bubba

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z86JjfoQ_1w&feature=fvst

No comments:

Post a Comment