Sunday, June 17, 2012

No Man's Land is OK!?

I ran my speed endurance section today with 3X200m, 2X150m and 1X100m and felt pretty good.  One week ago I flared up my heel just a little doing the full warm up and speed session of my workout.  So it took me 8 days to run one rotation.  I'm being cautious but that's what I mean by "No Man's Land".  Who knows how long it will take me to get to the point of two speed sessions and two speed endurance sessions per week?  What I do know is that I will not jump until then. 

Both speed and speed endurance programs are 14 weeks and I won't advance from week one until I can hit all four rotations.  Sure, I can vault low level today but that's not what I'm after.  I MUST raise my running level before starting.  These aren't tough workouts but my body is not used to them at all, which I think is a great sign.

Enjoy Father's Day for all who that applies to!  Have a great day and thanks for being here!  Bubba

UFO - "Rock Bottom" -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpUsULr_uLw

No comments:

Post a Comment