Saturday, June 30, 2012

Sunburn Confirmed! YES!!


It didn't take long or many jumps for me to confirm my hopes that my little pain during my last vault session was in fact a little adhesion breaking free, or the remaining "sunburn". You may remember my MD says that when you do too much too soon you can expect to need a longer break before resuming. He compared it to the sunburn you get on the first day of vacation and how you have to go back out slowly after that. He was right about this one - thankfully.

Rather than wait for tomorrow, I decided to take a few jumps with the kids today. I figure I'm in LA on business Tuesday so I need to lift tomorrow and Monday. Also I needed to show them that you CAN complete a full vault on a bending pole from 4 steps (23'/7m for me).

I took only three jumps because I needed to coach more than jump, but in those three jumps I felt like I will be able to move forward and slowly add reps. I made 10' (3.05m), 10' 6" (3.20m) and 11' (3.35m) easily and stopped with no new pain or irritations.

YES!! RELIEF!! I quit while I was ahead and next time maybe I get 4-5 jumps. But at least I'm jumping!! Thanks for being here and have a great day! Bubba

John Mayer - "Waiting on the World to Change" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBIxScJ5rlY

No comments:

Post a Comment