Thursday, June 28, 2012

Today I Know Less!!

The mystery continues as my leg felt pretty good today. I've pretty much decided that I don't care. Since my heel doesn't hurt anymore I'll do my two days of shorter sprints at a low level and do my hard hill on my bike two days. On the run days I'll do my heavy pole drills and get on the runway until I get a hint I may not be OK and then stop.

My guess is that my body will let me get a little further each week since this has worked on other issues before. My current feeling is that my touch of pain yesterday was an adhesion breaking loose or what my orthopedic surgeon calls "sunburn". That means if you haven't done something for a while and get it sore, you can't go right back out and do it again. I'll go with that for now.

Today is the 2nd day I have been under 175. It's taken me a month to get back to there. I never got over 180 but I felt like crap. My metabolism is speeding up again plus I'm used to the training enough that I'm not always starving. If I can get back in the 170 range over the next couple of weeks I may just start feeling like an athlete again. Have a great night and thanks for caring! Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment