Friday, June 15, 2012

Paradise or Pair of Dice?

When I chose to move back to Southern California I had a huge project to work on.  Though I have plenty to do here that project is just coming out of some bureaucratic delays. It will be better than was anticipated, but it had to make some changes to position itself to move forward more effectively.  In the interim I got a couple of huge deals in Denver that have settled into being there Monday/Tuesday every other week.  Financially I'm in the same place I expected to be, but from a different source.  Now the one deal I came here for will come online and the upside is even greater. 

ALL of this was a calculated gamble to make the move, but I can do what I do no matter where I live.  I lived in Texas and do deals in 49 states, mostly with people I've never met.  I figured even if I had no business here I could still financially make the move so why not go for it.  The Beverly Hills deal was as much of an excuse as an opportunity and I'm glad I took it.  I love living in paradise but it took a roll of the dice to make it happen.  Well, kind of.

That's how I feel about my training right now.  Tomorrow is the Southern California Masters Championships and I won't jump.  My leg is feeling great but that whole "insanity" definition keeps going through my head and it says NO!!  Insanity is expecting a different result by doing the same things.  So I won't.

I'm in a comfortable position right now in that I feel totally confident in my plan for this/next year and feel no need to rush through certain parts to get to other parts.  If I have learned anything it is that you need to get the most out of every level before you move on.  Like my running - I have run one day this week when normally I will run four.  So I won't move to week #2 of my 14 week running program until I complete a full week one.  It may take me a few weeks to ramp up to that, and that's cool.  Until I can do that it makes no sense to vault, but doing big pole drills right now is perfect. 

It's JUNE and my big meets are in August and October of NEXT year.  I'm not interested in a meet in a meet until Reno in January.  So for the moment, I'm at peace with being "early for next year".  Currently time and health are on my side.  I'll take that and be grateful as well all know moments like this are fleeting. Thanks for being here!  Bubba

"Hold on Loosely" by 38 Special
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJtf7R_oVaw

No comments:

Post a Comment