Thursday, March 27, 2014

Almost There?!

This morning I was able to run my stadium ramps very fast with no issues.  My body says I'm ready to vault, but my gut says I'm almost there.  I got to the gym and felt it quite a bit less on my hamstring curls but it's there.  I'll wait.

Sunday will be four weeks since my injury and yes I could probably jump, but I'll wait. I'm supposed to get those three new start poles, and at this point it looks like I will get them next week.  Again I feel like I would have no issues jumping low level even this week but I'm to afraid to start that injury/heal clock over.  If I did what I should do I would wait for six weeks but I don't think I can do that.

At this point I trust my gut far more than my intellect (or lack of).  But sometimes I want to overrule them both.  Like the guy with the angel on one shoulder saying I should wait until six weeks, and the devil on the other telling me I'm OK to start today.  I think I'll listen to the guy in the middle (me) and start next week.  Thanks for being here!  Bubba

Van Halen - "I'll Wait" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUHpR_5rSVM

No comments:

Post a Comment