Friday, March 21, 2014

New Poles!!

I'm surprisingly sore from yesterday's more up-tempo running on the stadium ramps.  I guess I'm well enough to almost hurt something else as I never felt my hamstring at 70%.  That's a good problem but also a sign to be careful.

I ordered three new poles to fill out the bottom end of my short run series.  I was a little shocked that it took so much work for me to get in on my 4m/13'1/1360 from 3 lefts/6 steps or 33' in Colorado.  I have three 3.75m/12'4" poles coming that will be flexed on a 4m span so I will know their relative stiffness.

This may seem like overkill, but my best stretches of vaulting coming after I have taken an extended time to work through every pole I have from the shortest runs.  This gives me a chance to refine my technique and carry it over to the next series length. 

The last thing I want to do is to risk injury like I got in Colorado because I'm having to work too hard to get in.  Right now it's looking like I will try and do my first easy jumping session in the next two weeks.  Have a great da and thanks for your support! Bubba

Lena Lovich - "New Toy" from 1981 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF2UguDtxkA

No comments:

Post a Comment