Thursday, March 13, 2014

Rock Bottom?!

I think that is the best way to describe how I felt for the first 12 hours after my 2nd hamstring strain in six weeks.  Shocked, horrified, demoralized, and sadly emotional.  I don't know what happens to us vaulters but somehow we repeatedly seem to rise from the ashes in spirit again and again, in defiance of all sensibilities. 

Eleven days from the injury I'm really starting to gain some momentum.  Of course I'm very cautious but I'm also starting to get aggressive with my training.  Eleven days is a long way from 12 weeks.  I must maintain this focus and attention for that entire time if I'm going to prepare my body for bigger jumps and to condition it against such breakdowns. 

In the back of my mind I'm reminded of a Seinfeld episode where the loveable loser George throws all caution to the wind and declares, "This is the summer of George".  I can only hope my hard work results in the summer of Bubba.  Have a great day and thanks for your support and friendship!  Bubba

UFO - "Rock Bottom" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpUsULr_uLw - another fun guitar song to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment