Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Fun Trampoline Day

I tried to post this yesterday but the system failed right as I hit "Post". I travel today but will have more later.
============================================

I guess they keep the same hours all year around because this morning there were only preschoolers all over the place. The room with the two competition trampolines, one with a spotting belt, was in an area no one is scheduled until late afternoon. What a deal - pay $10 and do what we want by ourselves for however long we want.

I took it very easy as planned. Probably more easy than I wanted to, but I wanted to see if the hip/glute thing would flare. I was doing simple tricks, some which required me to bounce off of my back, so I was going to try and make real sure it didn't flare anything up. It felt fatigued but not hurt but you never know with this until about noon tomorrow. I'm hoping that a combination of tramploine and the straight leg deadlifts and bench step ups will give me better strength, stability and flexibility for my lower back.

In my best days, going forward I could do a "full in, barani out", which means a forward double somersault with a full twist in the first flip, and an half twist in the last. My best back trick was a half in, half out, or a full twisting double back with a half twist in each flip. I'm hoping to progress back to that level in about a month. Today we did MANY back somersaults and baranis (front with a half twist), as well as many tricks off of our back whih help the timing of extending up the pole.

It's mainly just getting your eyes to focus at high speeds again, which takes a few sessions. When I first started trampoline years ago, I had not vaulted the whole summer. The first time I vaulted it was like watch my vault on a big screen TV in slow motion because I had so much control. Obviously I'm hoping for that as well as some good condiditomning.

That's it for today. Hope you have a had a great day and will have a nice evening! Thanks for tuning in! Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment