Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Trampoline Day

Trying to add new/old stuff while trying to clean up tricks that were just regained. Today I was able to do a full twisting front 1 3/4. I was unable to land my Rudy (front with 1 1/2" twists), though I saw where I was missing the landing. Ended up being a double twisting 3/4 somersault. Same with the back double full (2 twists). Couldn't see where to break out of the spin there either. It will come as my eyes adjust to the spin speed.

In 1974 Don and I were introduced to trampoline and after three months of a summer, when we went back to vaulting it was like watching big screen TV in slow motion. Very easy to see where you were and to hit positions. Good conditioning too. Let's see, do I want to run 150s and 200s or spend an hour on the trampoline? Pretty easy answer.

The owners of the gymnastics place allowed us to change our schedule to Tuesday/Friday since my big jump day is Thursday. No way I could do all in one day at any quality level. SO, five days until the vacation and I'm feeling pretty GREAT about things. Have a wonderful day and thanks for your support. Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment