Sunday, July 4, 2010

No Watching Meets

I was thinking yesterday and again this morning during my training that I am sick of watching meets that I am supposed to jump in. I warmed up at Reno and then stopped as a precaution, watched World Masters Indoors in Canada and then went to the San Marcos River Vault. Sorry but I'm done with this unless I'm there coaching. That's why I didn't go to the Quintana Beach Vault - a missed day of training while I feel like crap that I can't jump.

Very good and complete training day today. I'm pushing all of my lifts up and added in the final bar exercise I've been holding off on. On my secondary lifts I either have 18 reps or 12 reps depending on the day of the week. I used to do 1X18 or 1X12 but now I do 12,6, or 10,8 or 8,6,4, etc. I want to lift as much as possible with perfect form. I was also able to run my 10 50m hill/sleds at a very high level with no issues.

I wanted to do some big pole plant drills this morning but could not find the 1675 Altius. Tough pole to lose as big as it is so I'm sure I have hidden it from myself. I'll do a more thorough inspection on Tuesday.

I'm going to see Sakina tomorrow to get some clarification on my exercises vs. soreness vs. lingering slight nerve pain. I need this to be totally gone soon and I think I'm really close to that. More importantly I don't want it coming back. I understand how it did so I will avoid that as well as strengthen the areas they suggest.

Today is my sister, Sue's, birthday. For the past 10 days we were the same age. That was a big deal when we were little kids. We don't see each other that often as she lives about four hours from here. It's not that she's four hours away; it's that she is an hour and a half away from the main freeway (I-45) that I go by on my way to something else.

Have a happy and safe July 4th. Thank you again for your support. Nancy tells me that I always say that to you guys but I do because I mean it. Thank you!! Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment