Friday, July 16, 2010

More Good News

Swamped with work so I nearly forgot to post. Saw Dr. Martin this morning and I do not have a sacral shear, but rather a strained gluteus minimus, a stabilizing muscle. His take is that it's well but hasn't been exercised, so it's been allowed to get too tight. I feel MUCH better after yesterday's hard trampoline day so I figure he's right. Next assignment? Easy vault day (2,4 steps) tomorrow, Monday and Saturday. That way, like the trampoline, I will have a few sessions to get over the soreness, which should not be construed as an injury. Long story short, go easy but use it and it will get well soon.

I think the plan is going to be vault Monday/Saturday (or Friday) and do trampoline Tuesday/Thursday, and then fill in the other stuff in between. Of course I've got Kris on it too, but between the trampoline and easy vaulting, it should come back pretty fast. He says, "I understand your caution but it's been too long since you have jumped and you need that to get it better.

Dr. Earl "Butch" Martin, Jr. is the partner in a large family practice with his dad, also a physician, who has been around since the 70s. His sister is also a physician as is her husband, who have another practice together in town. I can go to any of those four and they are just wonderful. That said, Butch is my guy as he totally gets into the whole sport/preparation and planning. Outstanding medical resource. If I need anyone else, he always knows just the right person for my situation. I feel very fortunate. Like this morning I texted him from the physical therapy clinic we run at their place and he came on back and took care of me. OUTSTANDING guy and a true friend!

Pretty exciting news. Of course I will post after I jump tomorrow. NO leg lifting as he wants me to see how each component responds without the additional irritations. Have a great night and thanks for hanging in there with me. Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment