Saturday, July 17, 2010

Patience Pays Off

I went out this morning as suggested by my physician and took it really easy on my first vault session. I'm only at 2 steps (12' run/3.65m) so what else could I do but take it easy? The objective is to get the body loosened up before I go on my cruise next Sunday so I can come back to productive vaulting. Like day one on the trampoline nearly killed me but the second day I felt pretty good. Dr. Martin says I need to get those vault days past me. He completely believes that the more I get back into vault activities, that the faster these issues will go away. "You're healed, but everything needs to get loosened up".

Thinking very small, I started at 6' 6" (2m) on a cut 1362. Made 7' 6" (2.30m), 8' 6" (2.60m) and 9' 6" (2.90m) on that pole but it was clearly too small for 10' (3.05m). I went and grabbed the 12'6/165 and started over and made 8' 6", 9' 6" and then 10'. I have never been on this pole from 2 steps and I really think the next session I will be on the 1365; WAY uncharted territory. My PR from 2 steps is 10' 6" (3.20m) so I feel very good about today. I took 10 total bar jumps with no forearm or hip/nerve issues.

As mentioned yesterday, I will just vault/stretch/trampoline this week and leave the weights and running off until I return from the cruise. Not like I haven't done enough running/lifting since January.

Thanks for your interest and have a great Saturday! Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment