Saturday, July 24, 2010

Good Day Went As Planned

Of course the main goal was to go on vacation healthy since it will be a forced 11 days away from jumping. I will do the lifting/cardio on the ship to get that soreness out but jumping today went as planned. Started on the 1362 and made 9' 6" (2.90m) and very nearly 10' (3.05m) which would tie my pole PR. BUT, it was too small so I moved up to the 12' 6"/165 and made 10' and was super close to tying my 2 step PR of 10' 6" (3.20m). I made no attempt to go to the 1365 because it would have been too big of a risk feeling as flat as I knew I would. Technically I had much better control of my jump and did not try to overpower or finesse any jumps.

I'm very pleased with the last eight days. I will enjoy the vacation knowing that on the Thursday after I return I will be at 4 steps on on my regular 13' 1" (4m) pole series.

I'll be taking an posting photos here as well as reporting when I have an Internet connection. Have a great weekend and thanks for your support! Bubba

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you found that groove right in the middle of trying to bully the pole and finessing it. I need to get there myself! When you're in that zone, vaulting is just easy. Enjoy your cruise!

    ReplyDelete