Tuesday, July 6, 2010

More New Poles!?

I travel tomorrow so I thought I would post this tonight. I talked to Essx founder/owner, Bruce Caldwell at the River Vault and he told me he had a new pole design that was double carbon, thinner and lighter and he thinks I should switch to that. He says the 4.45s (14' 7") are on a 4.60 (15' 1") sail and would be perfect for my jump. The more I think about this the more I think I want two poles BELOW my present series so that I can ONLY use 4.45s next year in every meet. Love the 4.30s but I'm not going 14'+ on the big one but that's where I transfer to the 4.45s. TOO critical of a place in my series to make that transfer.

I will look Thursday but I think my smallest is a 17.9 that Kris had in stock. So I'm guessing we want a 18.1-2 and a 18.2-4? It WAS Bruce's suggestion and he was pretty insistent that I should do it, so I will. Bubba

PS - I'll need them topped at 4.05m and 4.10m respectively so they don’t hit the bar at 12' or 12' 6". Next year will be a huge year and I am already physically light years ahead of where I have been. I start jumping four weeks from tomorrow so time to get poles ready. Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment