Thursday, July 1, 2010

Small World Again

Good lift this morning. I felt strong but avoided certain exercises that tend to flare my forearm since today is the four week mark since my injection. I figure another two weeks it will be perfect so I'm lifting big where I feel no affects and leaving out the lifts where I can feel it. Not bad reasoning I don't think.

We're in Texas so that means everyone has a truck. I have the Mercedes convertible for the "family car" for me and Nancy but our Honda CRV hit 50,000 miles so that means go get another truck to carry poles and all of Nancy's gardening projects. It takes a beating. We decided to step up a little to a Nissan Murano since this truly is a "utility vehicle" for us. So we go to the same dealership where we got the Honda, at least owned by the same family but next door. They send us over a young guy to see if he can help us. Within one minute he says, "excuse me but aren't you really involved in the pole vault"? Of course I looked at my T-shirt and it had nothing to do with vaulting but I said yes. He said he was a sprinter at The Woodlands High School several years ago and that I coached his best friend, a 15' 6" jumper. An hour later we drove away in the new vehicle and renewed a friendship. I remembered him after he connected the dots, but what a small world.

Have a great day and safe 4th! Bubba

PS - found out that 24 Hour Fitness IS open on the 4th so that means no doubles this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment