Friday, July 30, 2010

Sitka & Ketchikan

Overcast yesterday in Sitka but beautiful this morning in Ketchikan. Staff tells us it has rained the last five weeks but this week not a drop. Very lucky.

I'll do some easy running/skipping today as I plan to vault on Monday morning. I have done nothing else at all as I wanted to be totally fresh and healed from any aches and pains. Feel great and ready to go.

My two new 14' 7" (4.45m) poles came in yesterday. It may be a few weeks before I attempt them but at least they are here. I added these so that I could start on them rather than transfer during a meet from my 14' 1"s (4.30m) poles. They are all built on 15' 1" sailpieces so I should get a better response off the top and picking me up at take off. I'm very active umping up off the ground and that works well with a longer sailpiece. It better as I now have nine 14' 7s and have yet to jump on one. Not to worry, I jumped on some 16' 1" poles (4.90m) the last time I was near this level.

The first three photos are Ketchikan and the last two are Sitka.




No comments:

Post a Comment