Thursday, August 5, 2010

Another Good Day

I felt pretty good going out this morning but I'm sure that is over now that I have vaulted, run, done bars and lifted. No height improvement, still 11' 6" (3.51m), but I had more control of the jumps and did get to a bigger pole (4m/171.6/15.5) and had some decent attempts at 12' from my 23', 4 step run. Everything was better except the height cleared. I'll take that because it felt more consistent and in control. My PR from this run is 12' (3.66m) once, and I have never been on the 15.5 from that run so that is progress. I'll grind away again Sunday and then next Thursday when I get stopped at 4 steps I will move to 6 steps for the first time this year.

Everything felt really good and healthy and I stayed well within myself. That will be the key to success this year. At this point it comes down to doing the work with focus and listening to my body. Feels so good to not be hurt any place.

If the miracle of getting a medal at Worlds next year will happen then I will have have to have this type of training, uninterrupted for the next 10 1/2 months. Get the most out of every day without stepping over the edge. Not hard to do when you're running from 23' (7m) but at some point over the next 4-5 months I will be at a 14 and 16 step run for the first time in two years. I'm hoping I progress properly so that means bigger heights.

Have a great day and thank you for your support!! Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment